- American Embassy
- Library Representative – Open to All Interested Applicants [Female/ Male]
- Bachelor degree in History, English, Political Science or Library and information Science is required.
- English – level IV (fluent) language proficiency will be tested.
- Level IV (Fluent) English Reading/Writing/Speaking is required (This will be tested)
- Level IV (Fluent) Sinhala and/or Tamil Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
- Ability to work independently, creatively and efficiently with minimum supervision. Excellent research skills to be able to identify and locate sources of acquisitions for Sri Lankan commercial and non-commercial materials, especially in response to current developments.
- Must possess excellent oral and writing skills in order to persuade publishers and other sources of acquisitions to sell/donate publications.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills to deliver oral and written acquisitions reports. Excellent judgment and discrimination in the interpretation and application of acquisition policies to acquire the materials desired by LC and SACAP participants.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent skills in negotiating in person and by telephone in English and Sinhalese. Must be able to apply specialized knowledge to problems in the area of acquisitions of research materials and management of Library of Congress Sri Lanka Office.
- Ability to use automated systems that support library acquisitions and accounting. Ability to effectively manage resources so as to set and achieve goals consistent with acquisitions programs of the Library of Congress and SACAP participants. The ability to use various internet-based applications and Windows-based computer applications such as MS Outlook, Excel and MS Word is required.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Five years of managing a book acquisitions program in libraries or educational institutions or publishing houses or non-governmental organizations, of which at least one year should be supervisory experience (Candidate must attach copies of relevant service/work experience certificates).
- USD $973.25
- lk.usembassy.gov (2022.06.23)
English Advertisement Preview