Let’s talk about graphic designer job description. The Graphic Designer will be in charge of coordinating and creating all graphic art needs for the resident companies, Tobin Center Presents shows, and institutional branding. This person will be the point of contact for all graphic needs for specific projects as directed by the Marketing Manager and Press and Promotions Manager, including video marketing, online marketing, social media marketing, and email marketing.
The ideal candidate has a background in general marketing, graphic design skills, and internship experience. Knowledge of the San Antonio arts and culture scene, as well as the suburbs and surrounding communities, is also extremely valuable.
Candidates should have a basic understanding of graphic design as well as experience with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, self-motivated, social media savvy, a creative thinker, a team player, and an effective communicator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creation of effective and efficient show-marketing graphic designs, as well as participation in client and liaison communications, as needed.
- Participates in ensuring that institutional and non-profit mission marketing goals are met and integrated through shows, partners, residents, and activities.
- As directed by the Marketing Manager and the Press and Promotions Manager, provides support for concert/show, theater services, sales, development, educational, and/or institutional activities and projects.
- Under the supervision of the Marketing Manager and the Press and Promotions Manager, works on special projects, initiatives, promotions, and other programs as needed.
- Assists in the collaboration and work of outside vendors, media outlets, and marketing alliances.
- Assists the Marketing Department as a whole with other responsibilities as assigned by the Marketing Manager and the Press and Promotions Manager.
Branding, Design and Marketing Materials
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of The Tobin brand and all applications. Promoters and residents should be made aware of the branding guidelines.
- Assist in the creation and upkeep of resident company branding and marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for creative design and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere.
To be successful in this job, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The knowledge, skill, and/or ability required is represented by the requirements listed below. Individuals with disabilities may be permitted to perform essential functions if reasonable accommodations are made.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience A background in the theater/live entertainment/destination/classical culture marketing field would be advantageous. Proven expertise and experience in graphic design, social media, email marketing, and online marketing. Team player with a collaborative personality. Thinker who is innovative and creative in order to increase the exposure of Tobin Center and its residents/clients through non-traditional means. The candidate must be proficient in graphic design using Adobe Creative Suite.
An individual must have the following skills to perform the job successfully:
- Customer Focus – The interaction of the incumbent with internal and external customers. It is necessary to put yourself in the shoes of the customer, anticipating and meeting needs quickly and accurately. It also entails following up with the customer and monitoring the situation to ensure that they are satisfied.
- Center Representation – Contributes to and promotes the positive image of The Tobin in all areas of responsibility.
- Job Knowledge – Understands the job’s duties, methods, and procedures.
- Teamwork – The ability to interact with and develop relationships with coworkers, to give and receive constructive feedback, to contribute ideas and viewpoints, to adapt to changing circumstances and expectations, and to understand and resolve interpersonal conflicts.
- Commitment to using and promoting effective written/verbal communication, as well as attention to content and process, and positive communication with staff, vendors, patrons, and external customers.
- Resource management entails being able to use time, money, technology, and people as efficiently and effectively as possible. Makes recommendations to improve the resources that are relevant to the incumbent job responsibilities.
- Technical Knowledge – The ability of an individual to demonstrate the specific skills required for the position by using procedures, tools, and equipment to complete work.
- Dependability and Time Management – organizes work well and manages time efficiently; attendance and punctuality are acceptable. Accepts responsibility for one’s actions and accepts responsibility for one’s mistakes. Despite setbacks, completes assignments; shifts priorities as needed.
- Initiative – The degree of interest in role development, motivation, and willingness to improve performance and job knowledge.